Great post! I’m going to share it with my family so they know exactly what to get me 😉
It’s that time of year again! The holidays are right around the corner, and here are gift ideas for the traveler in your life.
This post includes affiliate links; I may receive a small commission if you purchase items from the links included. All opinions are my own.
Clothes (because you gotta wear something)
1. Graphic tee-These combine cute and comfy all into one. I found this Jetset tee on clearance at Old Navy years ago, and it was one of the few tops I brought with me to France.
2. Rain jacket-One of the most versatile travel items I own, this jacket has deep pockets and works well in light rain or even just on a chilly day.
3. Good (and cute) walking shoes-I hate flats and honestly would prefer to wear heels. However, this summer I discovered a pair of comfy flats from Naturalizer, and I’m obsessed.
4. Cardigan-It doesn’t matter if you’re headed to Siberia or San Diego; a cardigan is an essential to account for both chilly weather and drafty rooms.
Digital (because you’re too lazy to leave your house)
1. 40 Ways to Travel Better: Your Complete Guide to Maximize Time, Money and Energy-I recently released a paperback with anecdotal yet practical tips so you can make the most out of your travels.
2. Spotify Premium-This is one of the most valuable things I own. And for students, it comes with a Hulu subscription. It’s perfect for travelers who are always on the go and like to have some background music.
3. Netflix, Hulu, other streaming account-Also another staple for those in the car or air for long periods of time.
4. Greetabl-I’m low-key obsessed with these adorable little gift boxes. Simply pick a pattern, upload photos and choose a gift to ship directly to your pal’s door. Easy and thoughtful!
5. Online travel photography class-For the traveler who loves photography (but are those ever mutually exclusive?), Brit+Co offers an online travel photography class.
6. Gift cards-These are always a winner especially when you can buy them at a discount. Get Southwest Airlines, Hyatt and Uber gift cards at a discount.
Gadgets & Gizmos (because we all need another trinket)
1. Stationery-Now the traveler in your life doesn’t have an excuse for not writing back you back at home.
2. Backpack pins-I love my practical North Face backpack, but it’s not the most stylish. However, cute pins can allow a traveler to personalize the most basic items.
3. Laptop stickers-Another way to personalize and to show off previous travels.
4. Travel journal- Make it personal with a custom foil stamped notebook (and save 15% with code STAMPED15). Or snatch this mini notebook set from Moorea Seal.
5. Portable charger-Perfect for long flights and never-ending car rides without outlets.
Storage & Organizers (because getting lost is the last thing you need)
1. Hard-shelled luggage-If you’re looking for a bigger ticket item, this is the one. Quality luggage is one of the best purchases any traveler can make (or one a very generous friend or family member can make for that traveler!).
2. Toiletries bag-Another great way to organize and to show some personality.
3. Luggage tag-Beyond its practical use to identify bags as your own, it also can help you spot your luggage at baggage claim.
Beauty & Accessories (because you can never have enough)
1. Purse/bag-Every traveler needs a trusty bag at their side. Learn how to wear your travel bag and which type is best for you here.
2. Passport Cover-Protect your passport in style. I really enjoy my “I’m Outta Here” cover from ban.do.
3. Scrunchie-I jumped on the scrunchie train awhile ago, and now I refuse to wear anything but. Scrunchies provide traveling woman support and still is camera-ready. Try this one from Lily Ashwell ($6).
4. Roll-on Perfume-I love perfume, but I get panicky packing a bottle of perfume in my suitcase. Roll-on perfume minimizes risk as spilling becomes a non-issue. Try Lavender Fields’ French Vegan Lavender Roll On Perfume ($14).
5. Sleeping mask-You’re one step closer to lights out on your next flight or car ride.
Photography (because one is worth a thousand words)
1. Prints-In a digital age, spice life up with physical prints. Click here for 25 free square prints.
2. Wood prints-Spice up your mantel or countertop with your favorite print on a wooden block. Score 40% off on Cyber Monday with code CYBER40 and 25% off large custom wood prints.
3. Instagram Photo Book-Combine your pictures to tell the story of your trip.
DIY (because your hands need something to do)
1. Travel Prints-Old book pages, a black marker and a steady hand come together to create a unique piece fit for your wall.
2. Travel Mason Jar-Motivate yourself to save money for your next adventure.
3. Travel Bulletin Board-Combine your favorite snapshots, magazine clippings, postcards and other tidbits from your last trip.
Decor (because your walls need some TLC)
1. Maps-Display your favorite city as a blueprint like this one of New York from Moorea Seal.
2. Travel quotes-If picking a location to showcase on your wall is too difficult, choose a travel-themed quote.